Famous Quote: "People think of pigs and corn when they think of
Iowa. We've called the new album Iowa because we want people to know it's about
being fucked-up and enraged and wanting to kill people as well."
About - He is the lead vocalist with the "Leatherface" mask and
dreads. The dreads are made out of his own hair that he enlaced with string. The
mask itself comes from a crash test dummy. He says that the band members are not
hiding behind their masks, and that the masks are more of an extension of their
personalities and reveals a lot about them. He was working in a porn shop before
joining the band and used to be the lead vocalist for a band called Stone Sour.
- Before Slipknot wore overalls, He wore a preist outfit.
- Has a few nicknames, some of which are The Sickness and Faith
- The reason he made sewed on the dreads is because he was geting pissed from
pulling it through the tiny holes in the mask and was also developing a scalp
- Has been believed that his mask represents a scarecrow
- If you look close enough there's a nipple on his new IOWA mask, which is
suppose to be old skin thats been cut up and sewn together
- Corey's favorite Horror, Action, Comedy, Romantic comedy, and Porno
- Corey on Horror movies: "The original Halloween, just
for the fuckin' impact it had, and because there's a sceane in there that
literally scared the piss out of me. Jamie Lee Curtis is finding all the
bodies in the house, and she's leaning against that door, and all of a
sudden Michael Myers just comes out of the darkness. That, to me, was just
fucking amazing. And that's what I try to do with this band I try to be that
- Action: "I really love the whole Indiana Jones saga. It's just
amazing; even the third one, because it's so campy at the end. Either that
or The Mummy ; I just saw the sequel, The Mummy Returns, and
it's just as good."
- Comedy: "Those Friday movies Ice Cube did mae me
fucking laugh 'til I piss, dude! John Witherspoon is so fucking funny! And Happy
Gilmore is a fucking funny movie, dude. I like a lot of the movies Adam
Sandler does, though some are funnier than others. I only saw Little
Nicky and I laughed my ass off."
- Romantic comedy: "Have you ever seen You've Got Mail? I
love the chemistry between Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. They really like each
other on the Internet, but they hate each other in real life, and they have
no idea that one is the other. It's a great dichotomy, and you're sitting
there the whole time, waiting to see what happens. It's fucking awesome,
- Porno: "Oh Jesus, I've got fucking stacks of porn. My favorite
porno, story-line wise, would have to be this movie called Nylon. It
came out a while ago, and it stars Celeste. Steven St. Croix has got this
obsession with nylon, and it's so cheese, but all the sex is just fucking
amazing! Also pretty much anything that Jenna Jameson is in really makes me
Stone Sour is the old band that Slipknot vocalist Corey Taylor &
guitarist James Root once thought was their band that would lead them to
fame before they both joined Slipknot around 1998-1999. Now just recently
the duo have decided to re-join the band and start playing music again with
Understand this: Taylor and Root have removed their masks for
Stone Sour - it's that they weren't wearing them in the first place.
- Instrument: Shure SM58 mics.